Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Parse CSV file from shared folder (Version 20.4.1.407)
Parse CSV file from shared folder [message #689298] Thu, 16 November 2023 07:21 Go to next message
DorababuMeka
I have created a C# application where it read and parse CSV files, when I am doing some R&D I got to know about APEX_DATA_PARSER . I am new to it so can some one let me know how to read and parse a CSV from the shared folder. I will have some bunch of files where I need to read them on a daily basis. If it is a C# application I need to create a scheduler to run but if there is a system failure or other I need to restart the scheduler to do the task. If it is SQL job it would be nice so I would like to do it using APEX_DATA_PARSER. If some one can help me with an example it would be great.
Re: Parse CSV file from shared folder [message #689305 is a reply to message #689298] Thu, 16 November 2023 09:46 Go to previous message
John Watson
Quote:
I am new to it so can some one let me know how to read and parse a CSV from the shared folder.
You need to read your file into a BLOB. Tim Hall has a simple example here,
https://oracle-base.com/articles/8i/import-blob

One point - you say "shared folder". If by that you mean a directory mounted on the DB server using Windows SMB sharing, you may have issues with the directory being visible to Oracle.
Previous Topic: multiple rows select in interactive grid using FOR LOOP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:21:31 CDT 2024